Tuesday, January 17, 2012

USCIS
So we sent in the "petition to adopt an orphan" and we got a letter today saying they've cashed our check and will soon be notifying us of our appointment for fingerprints.  This is the final step in our dossier so it is very exciting.  Just knowing our paperwork made it to them safely and that I suppose everything was correct is a huge sigh of relief for me.  I felt like a mom on the first day of preschool barely able to hand that envelope over to the UPS man.  I'm sure it is twice as nerve wracking with the dossier but I look forward to that. 
I am missing our sweet lady so much these days.  Yes, I've never meet her but we got some recent pics the other day and just seeing how much she's grown makes me long to be there that much more.  I love knowing that we're close to being invited to travel but passing day I wonder "am I doing all I can?".  She is going to mean so much to our family.  I love the responsibility of raising daughters and all that that entails.  I can't wait!  I can tell she is spunky but kind-hearted and I long for the day when all our personalities can come together for the ultimate family blend. 
I have now reached "term" with this pregnancy (37 weeks) so my family is here awaiting the birth and helping with the day to day until then.  We're making steps in the right direction.  Holidays, new baby, new daughter.  You're next on the list sweet girl!  We love you.  Now will you please encourage your dad to decide on name??  For the first time in 4 children he's not letting mommy choose.  I'm sure he has something outstanding in mind for his little princess we just need to encourage him to decide. 

3 comments:

  1. So exciting to see the steps moving forward for your family and so grateful for the updates and that you take the time in an obviously busy season of life.
    Will continue praying for your family.

    P.S. did you see Bethany was placed with a family as well this week? So wonderful to see these girls on their way home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy things are moving along. I'll pray that the other little miss is ready to leave heaven sometime soon. Can we see the updated pics of Marissa???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gretchen,

    I was looking for information on Konner 15H and ran across pictures and videos of Marissa. I think you already have the pictures, but I just wanted to make sure you had seen the videos. If not, email me at amberlowmiddleton at gmail dot com and I'll send you the link!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete